Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Joy of a Complete Page

Normally, parallels aren't really my thing, but when there are multiple colored versions of a Vogelbach card all bets are off. 

2020 Bowman has been out for a few months now, but I didn't like the prices on the gold version on Ebay. Eventually, as you can see below, I found one to my liking and I struck. 
I think this page really pops with all of the color. And if I'm honest I think I prefer "paper" Bowman parallels to the Bowman Chrome parallels. The shininess makes it difficult to take in the colors!

Are you are parallel chaser? And if so, what do you chase?

6 comments:

  1. I am definitely a parallel chaser with my collection nearing in on 3,000 unique McCutchen cards. My favorite brands to chase are Prizm (logoless, but the colors all pop!) and Mid 2010s Bowman paper parallels. The colors stand out more than all other parallels and when you page them up, they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rainbow. I like the solid color borders and the use of standard colors. I don't typically chase parallels, but if they're cheap and I come across one... I'll grab it. There are a couple of rainbows I'm building, but it's not an active thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Congrats! Now do it again!" - The hobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this looks fantastic. Congratulations. Very much not a parallel chaser (though I do have some).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I agree about the paper vs chrome parallels. Over the last 10 years, I think there have been 8 topps flagship or update dodger cards for which I've chased the rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete