Wednesday, May 30, 2018

It's All About the Zip Code

A splendid package of Cubs mojo was delivered to P-town the other day.
That's right, folks. Send me all your Cubs cards just because it's fun to write my zip code! FWIW, the digits are 61615.

I don't know about "fun," but I've always thought it was easy to remember. Here's something which is certainly very fun!
 It's my own little Vogelmonster action figure! I think he's the perfect size to fit on the base of my Dan Vogelbach bobblehead. How awesome is this?
 On to the cardboard portion of our package from Paul, of Scribble Ink:
 1994 Stadium Club got a little crazy with the name plates. Not my favorite design, but the photography is on the mark. Looks like we have a Jeff King cameo on the Rey Sanchez double-dip card. How many Pirate fans are surprised I knew it was Jeff King?

Are there any other "Traded" sets where the front designs/colors make the cards different than the base?
 1990 Topps Traded upped the brightness of the color scheme for sure.

1987 Leaf cards are very cool. Here we have two of my favorite Cubs from the decade of the '80s.

Set help!  Woo-Hoo!

Rookie Review? Interesting cross-over between baseball and football.
 Upper Deck picked a good one in Drew Brees and Mark Prior looked good right out of the gate, but we all know how that finished.

New Kerry Wood cards for my player collection. Yep-Yep!
 The card on the right was shown here recently, but this one is serial numbered to 999, whereas the other one was out of 100. I can't find any other differences other than the numbering. No worries, it still counts as a new card in my book.
 Topps Chrome Fortune 15 insert... check out the crystal ball in the background. Very cool.

Lastly, we have a "best" promo card from Kerry's time with the Double-A Orlando Rays.
 I have a couple of cards from this time period and it's always odd to see Kerry in a Rays jersey, but no more bizarre than him sporting an Indian or Yankee uniform.

A lil' Vogelmonster, some set help and four new Kerry Wood cards... That was quite the package. Thanks, Paul!

2 comments: