Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yellow mailer envelope bomb from my mom?

Weirder things have happened.  Today a larger yellow mailer was found in my mailbox when I got home from work.  I was expecting a purchase from eBay, and I guess I still am, because the contents were not baseball cards.

Odd.

A book?

I don't remember ordering a book.



The packing invoice shows that my mother is the brains behind this new yellow mailer bomb!  Kaboom!  She got me!

I thanked my mom over the phone for the book and she said that the book mentioned Peoria, my hometown, somewhere in the first couple of chapters.  A baseball book that mentions Peoria?  This will be the third one I've read in that category!  Nice!

I'm currently in the middle of "Out of My League" by Dirk Hayhurst, but I think "The Art of Fielding" will be next on my summer reading list.

I plan on going through at least four baseball books during the next coming months because I'm a little backlogged from Christmas.  I wish "Book It" didn't have an age cut-off, because I would clean up on personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut this summer with all of my intended reading!

1 comment: