Monday, May 27, 2013

Let there be light!

It's been a long time in the works, but the dining room has finally receiving a bit of a makeover.

Here's the before picture from earlier this evening:

Here's the after:

How about one more a little closer:

We removed the chandelier from the vaulted ceiling and installed a one hundred foot strand of dim-able bulbs that are suspended from two wires that cross in the middle of the dining room.  The spiral shape allows the fifty bulbs to dangle a bit which Laura seems to enjoy.

It looks pretty good, offers more light than before, and was a fun project that Laura and I could complete together.  Now we just have to be patient for the dining room table we ordered to arrive.

My role in this project?  Merely laborer.  My wife is artistic visionary in this relationship. 

She's crafty.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you took a page out of my living room, but then again Laura didn't see my lights until Facetime today, so I'm guessing that's not really the case. Either way, looks nice.

    ReplyDelete