Sunday, January 17, 2021

Mail in, Mail out

I spent the day prepping return packages for eleven different bloggers. It feels good to get the "I owe cards to" list down to just a couple. 

Peter, the author of Baseball Every Night, sent me a sweet little package with a Sandberg refractor from 2015 Prizm. 

Also inside were five Kerry Wood cards from the Upper Deck 20th Retrospective set. I thought it was five copies of the same card until I inspected the numbers on the back and saw they were sequentially numbered. Then I realize the text at the bottom of the front of the card was also different. Upper Deck has me SMH. The same photo on five different cards? Ugh. 

Trevor, from the Bump and Run Football Card Blog, gifted me an orange parallel of the VOGELMONSTER from Topps 2020 Big League. 
This card is a beauty and I will take all the Big League parallels (orange and blue) that I can get my hands on. 

Lastly, Fuji's generosity makes another appearance on my blog.  This time around he sent a "Happy New Year" package with some rarer cards. 
I once did a box break featuring this set. I absolutely love products with a checklist full of notable retired players. I have a team set in my Cubs box, but now I can put Santo and Kessinger in a binder, too. 
Rizzo was the primary reason Vogelbach was shipped from the Cubs to the Mariners. Here the two of them are in the same PWE. Rizzo, for what it's worth, is one of my favorite current Cubs. (But, Chicago would have fallen in love with the Vogelmonster if Rizzo wasn't around.)

I have never seen a pack of these before. Very, very cool. 

Fuji must have busted a box because he sent me all kinds of tri-fold Cubs!
Rick Monday, Ken Holtzman and Bill Buckner are picture above. 
Fergie, Don Kessinger and Glenn Beckert. 
And, the storied Cubs infield from the early 20th century. Most Excellent!

A big thank you to Peter, Trevor and Fuji for putting a smile on my face when checking the mailbox in back-to-back-to-back days. 

I hope everyone's 2021 is off to good start. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I actually have to more Vogelbachs sitting on my desk that I'll eventually send your way. Neither are anything special and there's a 99.8% chance you already have them... but they don't fit my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always take Vogelbach cards that need a home!

      Delete
  2. Those B.A.T. cards are fantastic, but I kinda wish they were normal-sized, because I don't have a good way of displaying the ones I own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that they made it to you! Seems packages are getting to their destination in a more timely fashion. That Upper Deck set is 2500 cards!! 2500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete