Sunday, September 20, 2020

Do You Put Off Today What You Could Open Tomorrow?

Have you ever put off opening a package because you know what's inside and you want to wait for the right moment?

I thought about saving this one until I needed something to cheer me up after a bad day at work. 

Then I decided it might be better served as a celebratory package, if, in fact, I win one of my two fantasy baseball leagues. 

Five minutes ago all of that was thrown out the window, "Heck with it. I can't wait any longer!"

Uber-generous Julie, from A Cracked Bat, reached out to me a couple of weeks ago after she pulled a card I blogged about NEEDING to add to my collection. After picking her pockets she sent everything in a padded yellow mailer. 
Enough delaying things... let's get into it!

Here's the first card I picked from Julie's pockets. It's the cracked ice version of Alexander Cartwright's card from Panini's 2012 Cooperstown set. I once placed a baseball on Cartwright's grave in Hawaii back in 2011. On it I wrote to Cartwright, the "inventor of baseball," and asked him to talk to the Baseball Gods about granting the Cubs a World Series championship. 
I'm not saying my gesture had anything to do with what happened in 2016, but I'm not saying it didn't either!

Super Szczur! This former Peoria Chief and all around good dude will always be one of my favorites. 

I don't remember claiming this one from Julie's stash, but I won't argue either. It's a framed 2020 Diamond King of El Mago! 

Potential NL Cy Young Award winner? He's been pretty good this year! Go Yu, go!
For the record, that's a 2018 Topps Fire card on the left and a Triple Threads card from the same year on the right. 

Here's where it starts to get crazy good.
That's a rookie card of the Vogelmonster from 2017 Fire. 

Then, wow. Just WOW. 
It's the red foil parallel of everyone's favorite super slugger from 2020 Stadium Club. 

Can it get much better than that?

In a word? Yes.

Behold!
There is so much goodness on this autographed card I don't even know where to begin. Everything from the bat grip, to the eye black, to the bat weight, to the camera angle, to the stadium seating in the background is just so perfect. 

That's a great looking card right there. I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for cards, Julie! I'll be sure to send something your way when I can find something close to that Vogey auto that fits in your collect, but that's going to be a tough task!

6 comments:

  1. The only time I've "saved" an incoming card package is because I had zero time to open it. I open them ASAP. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put off opening packages from Rod (Padrographs) and Ryan (SumoMenkoMan), because I knew they had sent a ton of stuff and due to lack of time I wouldn't be able to appreciate as much at the moment. So I held off until I had more time to appreciate the care package properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually out off opening something, unless it's the secret Santa package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! No, I could not wait. Even sometimes I open it up on my walk from the mailbox back to the house. Julie is the embodiment of awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete