Saturday, December 1, 2018

Blogger Cards

I have a short but growing stack of cards featuring bloggers. The latest addition comes from Condition Sensitive and Rosenort.
I love the signature at the bottom almost as much as the caricature of Rosenort. Some bloggers send their business card with a trade package, which is cool, but I appreciate the extra time and effort it takes to make these customs. If I had a color printer and the other necessary tools I would definitely go this route.

Rosenort recently ripped a couple of blasters of Topps Update, which prompted our latest trade.
I couldn't pass up on the Jim Thome "Hall of Famer" insert and Rosenort was happy to oblige. The "Legends" insert was a nice surprise I wasn't expecting.

On to the Cubs! I actually have long completed the 1990 Fleer and 1991 Topps Cubs team sets.
 But, if you noticed the O-Pee-Chee designation on the Rafael Palmeiro card, then you might have guessed Topps are in fact O-Pee-Chee cards and the Fleer were printed in Canada. Most excellent!

1997 Fleer Ultra is hard to come buy in these parts. Terry Adams was a very useful 7th/8th inning guy back in the day.

Hey, another addition to my Turk Wendell player collection!

It's been quite some time since I was able to add a new Starlin Castro Cubs card to my collection. For a good while he was the only Cub card in a majority of those high end sets back at the start of the decade. Those sure were some lean years.

Woo-Hoo! Some more update! Watching Schwarber in the Home Run Derby with Baez last July was one of my favorite things about the 2018 season.
 I'm not quite sure, but it almost looks as though Pedro Strop has his hat on straight. Almost.

It was an Anthony Rizzo hot trade package! 

I started the trade package with an auto and we'll end it with a serial numbered, dual relic autograph card of Matt Szczur.
That's a sharp looking card of one of the easier guys to cheer for in recent Cubs history. This card makes me smile.  And, isn't that what collecting is all about anyways?

Thanks for the trade package, Rosenort!

7 comments:

  1. Blogger cards rule! I need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make my own cards, I just have no concept of how to do it. I legit know the card design and image I would use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm happy with my biz card since card esign itself is out of my realm of expertise. i do get a kick of them though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosenort's card is awesome! I considered using the 87T for mine. Maybe I'll use it for my 3rd series design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pickups! That blogger card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blogger card added! I hope it's not weird but I save all of the notes I get from other bloggers. Thinking of scrapbooking them

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blogger card is really an inspired thing. It's glorious. As are the cards you acquired.

    ReplyDelete