Saturday, July 15, 2017

Oddity from Paul's TTM Autograph Blog

I just completed a swap with Paul late last month and here he is sending me another package. Already!

Paul, the brains behind Paul's TTM Autograph Blog, sent me a quick note and something I had never seen before.

I guess Topps put out Action Flats back in the later twentieth century.  Here's the checklist:

Let's a get a close up of the figure!

As you can see in the background there is "an exclusive, foil-stamped Topps trading card, showing the Topps photography that inspired the sculpture."  In the bottom right you might be able to make out the foil stamp, much like the "Topps Action Flats" logo on the back of the box, on Kerry Wood's 1999 Topps card. 

For what it's worth, this one is being stored in the box and will be added to one of the display cases in the man room.

Thanks for thinking of me, Paul!

3 comments:

  1. They also had a football version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the condition. I found it under a base shelf in a store about 10 years ago. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! i have the McGwire flat and shared it in a post awhile back. No one offered to take it off my hands. I recall seeing no others on the shelf at the time or would've come home with Jeter.

    ReplyDelete