Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I'll Buy That for a Dollar

Tom, from The Angels, In Order, is selling off part of his TTM autograph collection I couldn't pass up the opportunity to cherry pick some great cards for my collection... for a buck apiece! I bought nearly thirty and about half of those will find their way into trade packages at some point or another.

Read on to see what I'm keeping for myself.
 I bet you didn't know I collect cards of Gregg and Greg Olson.  Now I have some autos!
 Jamie Moyer's card, which is from the '88 traded set, might be from my most favorite Topps Traded set of all-time. Mark Grace's rookie was in there, the design is stellar, and I loved all of those USA cards.
 Steve Traschel was the slowest pitcher I've ever seen pitch.  Nope, that's not true. I just remembered Pedro Baez.  Sheesh.  Human rain delay.

Gary Varsho and Doug Dascenzo were in the fourth outfielder mold from my early days as a Cubs fan. I thought they made a nice pairing in this picture.
 I don't know if Jaun Pierre ever found a helmet that fit his head correctly. It looks three sizes too big!
 Jody Davis was a pretty underrated catcher, at least he is in my collection. This autograph helps correct that a bit.
 Ahhh, another card from the '88 Topps Traded set. Glorious!
 Believe it or not, I do have a Don Zimmer collection, which is now up to a half-dozen cards. 😀

I'm pretty familiar with Andre Dawson's signature.
 I like when he signs with a fine point sharpie because it looks so much better. He does have one of the best signatures out there. He takes his time and it looks sharp!

Kid K!
 I was super excited about adding this one to my collection!  Woo-Hoo!

And lastly, we have a note card with Andy Pafko's signature.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit I don't know much about Pafko's playing career, but I know the name and I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks for the sweet deal, Tom!

Oh, and if you haven't checked his blog out Tom's added some more cards for sale.  Click here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping out P-town! And glad you liked the cards. I'll be adding a bunch more index cards in the next few days, so keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - nice gets from the Cubs! I'm going to have to check out and see what's left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supremely excellent cards and post, Coach. I'm headed to Tom's website now!

    ReplyDelete