Friday, July 28, 2017

A Pack of 2017 Donruss Optic

Donruss Optic is to Donruss as Topps Chrome is to Topps' flagship product. Fair enough.
Regardless, I like shiny!  Four cards in a pack and possibly a Mickey Mantle card? That would be cool.  I read an article about the Mantle Estate agreeing to a deal with Panini America. Could this be a small step towards Panini gaining an MLB license?

Enough postulating. On to the cards!
Wow, super shiny!  You can see the orange outline of my iPhone case in the background. Those Pirates uniforms are so sweet. I love the black pants with the yellow stripe and I wish more teams would explore other options besides the bland white and gray.
I traded for Villar last off season in my fantasy league and chose him as one of my keepers. He's had a really rough season and so has my squad.  Oh, and when did the Diamond Kings get away from the artwork?
This is a nice surprise. It's some sort of refractor of Joey Votto, maybe the "Caroline Blue" parallel, numbered to 50.
In my book, Joey Votto is about as professional a hitter as you will find in today's game.

Last card in the pack:
The Rated Rookie takes me back to my childhood. Mitch Haniger isn't a bad player, although he has slumped since coming off the DL a month or so ago.

I heard Topps Chrome drops next week with a 200 card set, FIFTY of which will be rookie cards. It almost sounds like they are taking a page out of Panini's Rated Rookie subset with that large of a number. 2017 is the year of the rookie craze though... so why not?

Hope you enjoyed the pack. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Any chance you are willing to move the Cutch? I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice...but 4 cards in a pack is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four of these cards per pack sounds like an awful experience, only made slightly tolerable with a Votto numbered to 50 :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see Haniger rookies are popping up in products now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Votto! four cards tho, not much for the $$$ spent.

    ReplyDelete