Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Zippy Zappy Pack War, Part I

Lots of pictures of cards and a little commentary for scoring purposes. Zippy Zappy is famous for his Zappings and they always provide some tremendous cards which always fit right into my collection.

Here are the contestants: The Zippy Zappy pack is on the left and a pack of 2012 Panini Triple Play is on the right.

I finished my master set of 2012 PTP earlier this year so these will all be duplicates, which puts the ZZ pack up early: 1-0.

Round 1

 Ahh, Kris Bryant in a quadi-Reds jersey top versus a disheveled Dan Uggla. Kris has nice blue eyes. Uggla has an logo-less blue hat.  Point to Bryant.

Score:
Z Pack = 2
'12 PTP = 0

Round 2
 Addison versus Joe Mauer. I think Mauer's contract is going to be an albatross for the Twins before too much longer.  Russell?  Yeah, keep doing your thing at the league minimum.

Score:
Z Pack = 3
'12 PTP = 0

Round 3
 David Ross!  Fake eye black?  Sheesh.  Remind me why I chase the master set?

Score:
Z Pack = 4
'12 PTP = 0

Round 4
 Woo-Hoo!  Jorgie!  I don't know if likes being called Jorgie, but that's what I've been doing lately since hearing Maddon refer to him that way.  I like the FOCUS cards, but I like Jorgie more.

Score:
Z Pack = 5
'12 PTP = 0

Round 5
 Shazzam!  That's my second Chrome Update card and it's a beauty!  The sticker is, um, bright.  Again, no contest.

Score:
Z Pack = 6
'12 PTP = 0

Round 6
 Look, it's a purple parallel of Jon Lester against a puzzle piece containing Justin Upton's right ear.  I didn't know there were purple parallels, but I did know Upton had a right ear.  1 point for learning something new!

Score:
Z Pack = 7
'12 PTP = 0

Round 7
 Chromey numbered Addison versus Matt Holiday's left ear.  Hmmmm...  Two ear cards in a row. Weird. Just plain weird.

Final Score:
Z Pack = 8
'12 PTP = 0

Zippy Zappy has won every pack war on this blog, so it's not exactly a stretch to say a win was expected.  But, it's always nice to pad the shutout column in the stat ledger.

Thanks for the cards, Zippy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this first pack but most of the heavy hitters are now gone, I'm wondering how my other repacks will fare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ZZ packs always rock. Panini didn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete