Saturday, April 20, 2013

2013 Panini Triple Play

I had to run to Target the other day to pick up some rubber cement and I just can't seem to get past that darned card aisle on the way to the checkout.  (Side note: I got carded buying the rubber cement. Crazy.)

I'm still working on my master set of 2012 Panini Triple Play, but that didn't discourage me from picking up a 28 card rack pack! 

Let's rip in!

Triple Play is a low-end product targeted toward your collectors and guys with thin wallets, like myself.

Hey look! Now you, too, can be a Rated Rookie!  Sweet!   And . . . Tattoos! I've been pulling all kinds of Trout stuff lately.  This one definitely is not like the others. 

 Blue and Red stickers this year.  Nice.

I really like the All-Star cards.   GCRL also busted a rack pack and pulled a Miggy Cabrera All-Star.  I'm not sure just exactly what it is, but I find them very attractive.

 Panini brought back the Baseball 101 insert set for another tour.  This is a fun card.

Here's a Craig Kimbrel sporting rose colored cheeks and also a shot of one of the back of the cards.  It looks like there is a game you can play and Big Papi's card is a homer.  I'll have to see if I can track down the rules.


 How about a couple of stud pitchers?  Plain red background for Strasburg.  Boring.  Blue stripes for Yu.  Less boring.

Purple stripes for Tulo.  Hey!  Mountains, snow flakes, and something I can't discern for CarGo.  That's better!

 Hmmmm...  Manny Machado looks about 75 and Eric Hosmer appears as though he should invest in a larger hat.  I kid, but I do really enjoy the graphics.

And last, but not least, my only Cubs from the pack.  Soriano with the Chicago skyline in the background.  Nice touch, Panini.

 I don't know if I'm I'm going to try to knock out the Triple Play set this year.  I think the computerized vector art of the cards would be the driving force if I decided to finish off the 100-card base set.  Hopefully, just a few more rack packs and I'll have it!  Only time will tell if I pull the trigger.  Maybe my wife will send me out on another errand to Target?  A guy can hope!






No comments:

Post a Comment