Sunday, January 20, 2013

Triple Play Want List

I purchased a handful of packs or more of 2012 Panini Triple Play last fall, and then I was surprised with a box for my birthday and a box for Christmas.

After ripping the packs and collating the cards I learned a couple of things:
1. Panini needs to work on their collation within a box.  Each pack in th4 24-pack box contains a sticker, but I wound up with 3 to 5 repeats of the same 6 sticker cards in each box.  Yuck.  Keep in mind, there are thirty different sticker in the subset. 
2. Although I completed the ninety card base set, I would need a third box to have a chance at completing the 300 card large set.

I purchased another 24-pack box and have now decided to wave the white flag.  No more boxes for me.  I increased my inventory of duplicates by quite a bit, because I only needed about 14 out of the 168 cards in the box.  Oh, and in case you're wondering, I only found ONE new sticker.  I still officially need 15 of the 30 stickers and 56 cards from the 300 card set. Double Yuck.


On top of it all, each box is supposed to contain a "Real Feel" relic card and my box was devoid of any relics.  I've written Panini and followed the format that they have outlined on their website.  I even made a suggestion that they might want to take a look at their sticker collation within a box.  We'll see if anything becomes of my letter.  I'm not holding my breath.

I've placed a Triple Play tab just below the blog header.  Click there and you'll find my want list.  I also have a very healthy stack of duplicates that would love to find a home.  Send me an e-mail to mrcoach00(@)yahoo(dot)com if you can help me with my want list OR if you'd like to inquire about some cards for yourself.  Every little bit of help is appreciated as I try to complete this fun set!

2 comments:

  1. I am going after this set as well, bought 3 boxes and still quite a ways away. I also had the same experience with the stickers. I do have a little help for you:
    93
    109
    119
    132
    147
    162
    176
    194
    203
    240
    264
    266

    Check out my want list on my blog and we can work out a trade.

    http://arpsmith44.blogspot.com/p/set-want-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me your address? I have something I've owed you since September!!

    ReplyDelete