Sunday, January 27, 2013

Snagging 1978's on Listia

Slowly but surely I'm knocking cards off of my 1978 Topps checklist.  My most recent snag came this past week in a three card Listia auction for a little over 1,200 credits, which works out to about $3 or $4.

First, let's take a look at the two cards that I don't need.

1978 Topps Rookie Pitchers featuring Jack Morris.


I have had three different ones in my possession during the building process of my '78 set.  One is in the binder, one went out on eBay, and now I need to find a home for this one.  It's a little bit on the "well-loved" side, but sometimes that just adds to the appeal!

Next, a 1980 Topps Carl Yastrzemski.

I don't have much in terms of cards before 1988, but I have about a half dozen non-Cubs from the '80 set.  This just so happens to be my first duplicate.  Weird how the cardboard universe works.

Saving the best for last, here's the one that goes in the '78 set binder: Rookie Catchers featuring Dale Murphy, Ernie Whitt, Lance Parrish, and Bo Diaz.

Rounded corners, two small creases, and black marker on one edge.  Perfect for my collection!

I'm down to only needing 8 cards to finish my set. So, check out my want list and see if you can help a guy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment