Friday, September 23, 2022

Funniest Auction I've Seen Lately

 A few of friends have asked why I'm not as big into baseball memorabilia and cards anymore. My complete answer consists of many layers and is quite longwinded. 

The picture below sums up one of my bullet points nicely. 

Vogelbach's autograph with a "Dingers & Donuts" inscription

Dan Vogelbach is a fun guy. He is big boy and has perhaps an even bigger personality. 

Earlier this season Vogelbach notably said, "I hit my home runs in bunches, just like I get my donuts."

Again, the Vogelmonster has been a favorite of mine ever since I learned of his fun loving ways. 

Yet, ten grand for a Vogelbach autographed baseball got me to snicker and sigh all at once. 

Wow.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're still doing well Tom.
    The sports memorabilia market is nuts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tom!
    I can't imagine that could possibly go for that price, but maybe next year when the Vogelmonster makes an inevitable run at the home run record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.ebay.com/itm/295025453604

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you could probably find one cheaper if you were so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can all use a good chuckle every now and then. Maybe this guy will put these on sale for 99% off at some point. Not sure what a fair price is for his signed ball, but I gotta imagine there are some Vogelbach fans who might dish out $100 for a signed baseball with a cool inscription.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post thank you Eric

    ReplyDelete