Saturday, February 5, 2022

Snowy Saturday Mail Post

 The mailbox was empty three days this past work week. Typically, this is an occurrence I can expect maybe once a week, and I figure the big snowstorm which cancelled school for two days is partly responsible. 

Today made up for it. 

John, from Johnny's Trading Spot, sent me some Vogelbachs to admire. All seven of the cards within the PWE can be easily placed into one of two categories. Above, are the non-shiny cards. 

Below . . . HELLO shiny!
The Bowman Chrome mini, on the bottom right, shows the brilliance of chrome based cards in the light. I'm probably more of a vintage fan, which is famously not shiny, but I also fawn over cards which make me squint. I guess I'm an equal opportunity collector.   Thanks so much for the cards, John!

Also in the mail was an Ebay purchase. Each morning I pull up my "2021 Vogelbach" bookmark and browse through the most recent listings looking for new-to-me Vogelmonster cards.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen this next card come and go, being relisted and relisted, with the price sometimes staying static but dropping on occasion. 
The final price of this one, after taxes and with free shipping was $2.45. I couldn't let a relic card of my favorite player, from a high-end release like National Treasures, sit out their any longer. And actually, now that I think about it, this is the first time I have purposefully purchased a duplicate Vogelbach card. No, this is not the start to a new buying pattern and I'm definitely not going all Tim Wallach Collector with my collection. 

I'm not sure what to do with my new Vogelbach relic card. I'm thinking about looking into find a one-touch card holder and just leaving it out on my coffee table in the man room. If it gets a little sun bleached it wouldn't be the end of the world, seeing as the rest of my Vogelbach cards are safely tucked away. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do with my new acquisition?

Thanks for stopping by and reading. 

4 comments:

  1. If it's a double, I'd definitely leave it out as a display piece! Can't go wrong with a little Vogelmonster decoration.

    We also didn't get mail for a couple days this week - darn snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could make it a part of a larger display that would hang on the wall. Nice card at a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago, someone sent me a 2005 Topps "Team Topps" autograph of Kurt Suzuki, but I already had one sitting in my collection. So I put it in a plastic holder and it's been on display in my office ever since. Like you mentioned... I expect it eventually get sun bleached (fade) over time. But as of this morning, it still look pretty good. I feel like your jersey card will have a much longer shelf life than my autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as it's not sitting directly in the sun, I think it'll be fine for quite a few years to come.

    ReplyDelete