Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Base and a Button

Lately, when asked, I've been subbing for other teachers during my prep period. The pay isn't fantastic, but I'll keep a rough record of what I earn when filling in where needed, and the bottom line always goes toward baseball cards or disc golf items. My family refers to this as "fun money!"

I found two rare Vogelmonsters.  And, let me tell you, they are FUN.

Behold! A "base" card!  (Yes, made with pieces from an actual game used base.)

I remember when Triple Threads came out in 2020 and Kyle Lewis was hitting homer after homer on his way to winning the Rookie of the Year award. I more or less gave up on owning one of these beauties.  Patience. Patience rewards those who wait!

Arguably Mitch Haniger, pictured at the top, is the biggest name on the card. But, just you wait. Pencil Vogey in as the DH for Milwaukee and good things will happen in 2022. 

The next card is from Panini's 2021 Spectra set and is numbered 1 out of 5. I'm missing quite a few parallels from this set still, but I was over the moon excited to land this gem.

This is my second Vogelbach button card, with the other being acquired last year from Panini's National Treasures. 

Oh, what a great week of checking the mailbox!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy Super Bowl Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew you were into disc golf. I just began playing this past October (a colleague got me interested) and now I'm hooked! I'm still quite terrible but I love it...just need all this snow and ice to go away so I can start playing again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I dabbled off & on for a good long while, but really took it to the next level when the pandemic and everyone was quarantined. I used to carry four discs around the course, but now I have a bag and everything. It's a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the 2 new adds! Buttons and bases...what will they think of next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice additions. So much cooler than your average white jersey or pants swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Don't remember seeing a base card before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be interesting to see how those button cards come in packs. Seems like they'd almost have to just be in there by themselves.

    ReplyDelete