Sunday, September 17, 2017

Woo-Hoo! Contest Winnings from JTS!

John, from Johnny's Trading Spot, held a contest recently celebrating his 900th post and his 4-year bloggiversary. I haven't been writing much lately, but I have been reading and commenting when the mood strikes. So, I decided to enter.
Contests, winning and P-town Tom are three items which you won't often see intersecting within a Venn Diagram. Yet, my name somehow floated to the top of the randomizer. Strange, but true. 
1987 has been done... a lot... but these are SHARP looking!
 This whole year for collecting has been really weird for me. I would label myself as a team collector and set builder, but I really haven't done either in 2017. I have picked up any card which makes mention of the 2016 World Series. But honestly, that's about a dozen or so cards and most of them were in Series 1 or Heritage, which were the two of the first releases. I also have added over seventy new Dan Vogelbach cards, which has pretty much dominated my cardboard acquisitions the last three months.
Sepia! Look at the color sneaking in at the bottom!

So, you can imagine how pleased I was to receive some new and shiny cardboard to add to my Cubs player collections!

Refractory goodness!
For the record, these are the first non-Cubs Topps Chrome cards I've added to my collection. The updated Chrome score is Cubs - 5, Vogelbach - 20. Yep, twenty different Topps Chrome Vogelbach cards and I know I'm still missing at least four.
Probably my favorite Future Stars card, behind the '87 Bo Jackson.

Oh, the bemusing life of a super collector on a budget!

Thanks for the cards, John! I love me some shiny cardboard!

3 comments:

  1. Wow those '87's really do look sharp. Like, they could slice a hand off levels of sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a little on the fence about the '87 wood grain design but I like the way they photographed there. How wood-grainy are they in hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the wood grainy pattern, but they are definitely more reminiscent of a gold parallel at first glance.

      Delete