Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Itch

This title has two meanings. Lets get the unfortunate one out of the way... I ran into some poison ivy/sumac/oak or something about ten days ago. Not fun. As long as my attention is diverted I don't really notice it, but soon as I have a minute's worth of downtime it starts to itch. Argh!  I started taking a steroid this past weekend and I think I'm getting better.

The second meaning? Well, I'm beginning to get the blogging itch again.  In the previous five years I've only had three months where I recorded single digit post counts. This year I've already had three. Maybe that's the new norm, but I'm hoping it's not.  We'll have to see.

In the meantime, prepare yourselves to be bombarded with Vogelbach related posts!  He's not apart of the Cubs' organization any longer, but my player collection of him has now surpassed 200 cards! I recently found out he has a couple more autos and parallels in the Heritage High Series and he has an auto in Topps Triple Threads. I about fell out of my chair when I saw Vogelbach was in Triple Threads. Crazy.

In other news, The Vogelmonster was chosen as the Mariners' Offensive Player of the Year for 2017 and he is currently being used as a pinch hitter on the big league roster.

I recently checked out Vogelbach's MLB.com player page. Take a look at the featured picture at the top of his page:
 It looks like he's protecting the plate, but wouldn't you much rather see him demolishing a baseball?  The jury is still out on whether I approve or not.  What do you all think about that? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section.

Lastly, anyone have $250 laying around? I don't know what I would do with it if owned this jersey, but it is pretty neat, and the money goes to a good cause.

I thought "Marineros" in the auction title was a typo, but then I looked closer at the jersey number.
 I guess I know what Mariners is in Spanish now!  Ha!

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. https://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Outdoors-Tecnu-Outdoor-Cleanser/dp/B000A7S3WK
    Hopefully the link works. Tecnu Soap. I can get a rash from the wind blowing poison ivy onto my skin. This soap is amazing! It is a lifesaver for me, you should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Feel better.

    That jersey is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I new your blog post was performance enhanced with steroids. But, seriously, Hope it clears up wicked fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Size 50! You'd certainly get your money's worth fabric-wise. I think they could find a better picture. Looks like he's reaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that itch goes away. Focus more on budgeting your Vogelmonster collection ;).

    I wish I could help with the jersey (I really regret missing out on Torrens' Churro jersey) but I don't have that kind of cash on me. Maybe if you sell your Bryant...?

    Also, congrats on 200 Vogelmonsters! This inspires me to get to 100 Torrenses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty neat, but I honestly don't know what I would do with the jersey. I'm definitely not stressing out on missing this item. It's pretty spiffy, but not really on my "must have" list.

      Delete
  6. I'm out of wall space for jerseys so it has been pretty easy to forgo those the last couple of years.

    Glad one itch is subsiding and the blogging itch is returning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn... sorry to hear about the itch. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete