Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Insured Mail!

I can't remember the last time I had mail arrive that was insured.
Yeah, so I dumped a few boxes of my Cubs duplicates on Andy, the author of Ain't Nobody Got Time For Cardboard!, and apparently he liked it.

A small thank you?  That's been insured?  I'm game!
 The Cubs brass traded away McKinney and Torres to the Yankees. Hmph. I was NOT happy about that trade and I still cannot watch Chapman pitch on TV. He seems so emotionally unattached and unmotivated when he pitches. Maybe I'm just reading into things too much.

Although, Chapman did pay a visit to a local Chicago children's hospital recently. So, maybe he isn't as bad as I want to make him out to be?
 
 Happ is still around and is actually going to play in the Arizona Fall League.  Willson Contreras went in 2015 and now he's playing for the Cubs.  Would it be too much to ask for a repeat?

Nice!
 More 2016 Topps Bunt! If you've bought some Topps Bunt I hope you are as pleased with the product as I am. I really fancy the design. (Yes, I said "fancy". Get over it.)  Send me all of your Topps Bunt Cubs!

And, here's the reason the package was insure. Behold!
THE VOGELMONSTER!

The Tacoma Rainiers, Vogelbach's new team, kick off their playoff series against El Paso this evening. I figure that must be the reason why he hasn't been called up to Seattle yet.  Last I checked Vogelbach was third in RBI's in the Pacific Coast League and he was leading the league in walks.
He was even named to the 2016 All-PCL Team. Very nice!

Andy, thank you so much for that sweet auto of THE VOGELMONSTER!  I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, glad you liked the surprise mailing! I know how big a fan you are of Dan, and I knew you would provide a good home for it!

    ReplyDelete