Thursday, September 22, 2016

Cards for Me, Cards for You

I've done a little subbing around the high school during my planning period early this semester. So far I have filled the shoes of a math teacher, English teacher, and special education teacher in a co-taught classroom. It's interesting to walk into different classrooms and meet new students, plus the extra pay I receive I put toward cardboard.

This little gem came in the mail today.
 I found a seller who ship everything, no matter how many auctions I won, for $3.50.
 I won TWENTY-FOUR auctions and the seller was kind enough to upgrade me to a box and send bonus cards!
Well, okay. They're junk wax which was used to help the package in transit.  Not exactly a bonus.
That's a Ruben Sierra Diamond King under Gus' tail. Not that you were interested.

From what I hear Topps made 250 Blue Sapphire Chrome sets and this seller was doing a set break.
 I put minimum bids on forty-one cards and some higher bids on others.
 The auctions were set to come to a close during the time I was scheduled to video tape the high school football game for the coaching staff last Friday night.
 I lost many of the auctions that I only put the minimum bid on, but I won my fair share as well.
 My phone was lighting up with e-mails during the game proclaiming "Got Away" and "You Won". During breaks in the action I had just enough time to see which I secured and which I was outbid on. It was kind of fun!
 I thought I could send a few Dodger cards to Night Owl, because these cards look super sweet in hand with the blue tint. But, sadly, I lost every Dodger auction and was shut out on a couple of the other teams as well.
 In all, I won the eleven Cubs cads above and a baker's dozen for my blogging buddies.
Brian will get this Twins team card AND the Vargas base. But, I think BWTP will be the most satisfied as I was able to win five auctions for him. I guess there isn't much competition for Pirates cards out there?

Other notables in the box . . . Lucroy & Scooter, a Lamb and some guy named Waino. All the cards will be sent out soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Huh, I didn't think of it like that. But, maybe I'll include a note with "#BombBob" on it just for fun!

      Delete
  2. I snagged the Eaton sapphire at a price I was willing to pay, so I was happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, because the Pale Hose were one of the teams I was shut out on.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a bunch Tom! Cubs cards are not as easily attainable these days, but I'm sure I can find you something to repay the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, those sapphires are cool! Very atomic refractory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something intrinsically exciting about a "mass ebay bid from one seller" binge. I had a similar "You Won"/"Got Away" email barrage during my son's flag football game Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. Fun AND it didn't break the bank!

      Delete
  6. hi'
    nice article,keep sharing!
    some of the best mens shoes available here
    oxford men shoes online

    ReplyDelete
  7. "fashion shoes" really made the rounds today. That's 5 different articles that I read that she thought were nice, that she encouraged additional sharing on, and them, just for the heck of it, included a link for some men's oxfords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes for work. But I'm too frugal to even bother clicking on the link.

      Delete