Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A PWE from HSCA

I can't do it anymore.  As far as blog names go this is one of the longest in the blogosphere and I can never get it right.  Completely Subjective and Highly Arbitrary?  Highly Objective and Completely Subjunctive?   Completely Contrary and Higher Subjugation? 

I'm going to take a page out of JediJeff's book and shorten things up a bit before I go wacky.   HSCA it is.

Brian, the author of the aforementioned blog, has made a wonderful splash within our little community.  He has already held a successful group break/trade, a contest, and he's jumped on the "let's bash Donruss" bandwagon. 

He's also doling out unannounced PWEs.  Let's take a look inside, shall we?

I love that he wrote a note AND used blue tape.   Yep, Brian is fitting in just fine.
Wait, that's a thing?  You can check and see how many comments have been left?  Huh.  Learn something new everyday I guess.

And look, Brian even abbreviates his blog's name!  Nice.

On to the cardboard . . . Look, another edition to my newly cataloged Brooks Kieschnick player collection.
This is the 31st unique Kieschnick in my collection and the third one Brian has contributed.

 Mark Grace in gold!
 A sliding Shawon and a 1986 Fleer card of Dunston.  I really like the 1986 design.  I guess it helps that it has a blue border.  Also Dunston cards go in the Cubs binder!

Some potential Cubs for my FrankenSet.  Nice.

And then it gets good.
Matt Clement card in Cubs garb and his chin growth is under control in this picture. Also, we have Kerry Wood from the same set, 2003 Heritage.  A new one for the KW player collection!

Lastly, I don't know if you've noticed that I have installed a "Top 5 Most Wanted Cards" list on the sidebar.  Brian sent me #4!
 I was given the Julio Zuleta from the Pacific Invincible set a while ago in a trade and after I found the checklist online I knew I had to find the Kerry Wood. So much to like about this card!  Bricks, ivy, baseball bats, Spanish on the back, and it's see through!  Well, the sky blue background is translucent at least.   So cool.  Updated total: I'm up to 385 different cards of Kid K.

Brian, thank you for such a thoughtful PWE.  And yes, to answer your note, that IS my card!  Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. The beauty part of the title "Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary" is that it is:

    kinda too long
    hard to remember
    easy to spell incorrectly or transpose

    Basically, it breaks all the rules for market-ability. Which, I feel, actually works in its favor to help it stick out. I get a kick out of it, but that's just my own personal taste for nonsense!

    I think the Cubs look great in the 1986 Fleer set - I agree, it's exactly the right shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it sticks out! You have achieved your goal and re-wrote the books on marketing at the same time!

      Delete