Saturday, June 22, 2013

Trade with Garvey, Cey, Russel,l & Lopes

Yeah, I wish I could pull of baseball card trades with famous baseball players.  How cool would that be?  Instead I pulled off another quick deal with Jim from the blog garvey cey russell lopes.  I sent Jim a bunch of Dodgers doubles from my 2013 Bowman efforts and he tossed me a half-dozen Cubs in return.

First up are a couple of former Cubs from the 2010 Allen & Ginter set.  I think the 2013 offering will be out in stores in a couple of weeks!


Here's something weird about these two guys that I'll share with you.  I loved Theriot when he was with Cubs.  He was one of those scrappy grinders that give 110%.  On the other hand, I was not an Aramis Ramirez fan.
Then Theriot leaves town, goes to the Cardinals, and is happy "that he is on the right side of rivalry now."  Booo!
Meanwhile, Aramis leaves for "greener" pastures and now I miss him and his consistent bat in the lineup.

I guess I'm a fairly fickle fan.

Moving on. How about a retired Cub?  Yeah!

Another great card for my ever growing Kerry Wood collection!

Last up, one of my favorite Cubs.  This one is from last year's Heritage set.

Very nice.

There were two more cards in the yellow bubbler, but I'm still not up to giving Sammy Sosa any love on this blog.  Maybe some time in the near future, but not today.

Thanks for a great trade, Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment