Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baseball Card Mail Day

The Cardboard Junkie and I agreed on another trade.  We each sent some Topps Archives to each other in an effort to meet our set building goals.  He also had a couple of Cubs that I wasn't able to score when I was cracking boxes and he was generous to part with them.

Here's the two Cubs that I was more than happy to add to my collection:


The above card is "cloth" card, and believe it or not, it's definitely made of fabric.  I wouldn't say that I have a personal collection of Castro cards, but I'm slowly acquiring them en masse.

I do have a collection of Ryne Sandberg, over 500 different cards in all.  Someday, I'll figure out what I do have in my possession and what I'm missing and then I'll attack eBay.  Until then, I'll pick up cards here and there that are safe bets to my collection.


 As with any shipment of cards from the Cardboard Junkie, there is an enclosed sketch card!  I love his work and this beaut is my third dayf (his screen name) original.  I was too young to remember Ed Lynch pitching for the Cubs ('86 and '87), but I do remember his work as the general manager for the Cubs.  His efforts, along with Kerry Wood and Sammy Sosa, helped propel the Cubs into the playoffs in 1998.

Thanks, dayf!


No comments:

Post a Comment