Saturday, March 6, 2021

Found the Papradascha (AKA: Shiny Pink Mojo)

 The 2020 Topps Chrome Sapphire "Papradascha" parallel popped up on Ebay last week and I was all to happy to learn that my snipe attempt at the end of the auction brought home the prize. 

I wasn't sure why Topps went with the name of "papradascha" for this pink parallel so I did a quick Google search. This was as close as I could find to Topps' spelling. 

It's pink and it's a sapphire, which makes some sense. But, why the different spelling? I suppose only someone at Topps can answer that question. 

Here's the back of the card showing the 1/1 serial number. 

I remember there was a time when I didn't possess a single 1/1 card. I have more than a few VOGELMONSTER 1/1's now, but this one may be the prettiest. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Very cool! I just received a Vogelbach auto. The 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter's - Mini Baseball Autographs #MA-DV, to be precise. I know you probably already have it, and it isn't a major card, but if you would like it, I would be happy to PWE it your way. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer, but I have a couple copies of the A&G mini already. You should hold onto it... after he explodes this April you may be able to swap it for some DKs or maybe a cool McGwire. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Another one to add to your variation of the 2020 Topps design collection, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When there are parallels that I can't pronounce or spell that's too many parallels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! BTW, grabbed you vogey auto at the card show today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I saw the word "papradascha"... I immediately thought of Papa Doc in 8 Mile. Yeah. That's how my mind works. Congratulations on adding this 1/1 to your Vogelbach PC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A splendid card there, but I really think Topps is going a bit crazy with the parallels. In a perfect world they'd keep it to primary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so funny about them screwing up the name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice card! i've not heard of those - the parallel or the gem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Papradascha! If I ever had a child that was a boy I wanted to call him Kung Pao Steinberg. I think if I ever had a daughter it would have to be Papradascha Steinberg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're gonna have to have me over to see these in person!

    ReplyDelete