Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Part 14: Vogelbach on 2017 Cardboard

I'm still hunting multiple websites for Dan Vogelbach cards which have eluded me during the 2017 baseball card collecting year, but the chase is finally starting to slow. I figure by the time I finish this series of posts we'll be counting down the days for 2018 Topps Series 1 to hit the shelves.

I'm going to go in chronological order from the first cards produced to the most recent. Each post will contain all of the Dan Vogelbach cards I've acquired from that set and I'll make a short mention of the ones I'm still on the look out for.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 14: 2017 Panini National Treasures

Holy. Cow.
Someone needs to give Panini a MLB license right now! These are cards are fantastic!
These cards are super thick, have on card autos, feature a full player photo, and they have a simple design which works really, really well.  Plus, look at these fabric swatches!

Actually, look at this one, below.  I'm kind of sorry I pounced as early as I did on my /99 copy.
The above card showed up about a week after I purchased my copy. Part of the Mariner star/compass thingy is on this patch. Man, that would have been awesome to have in my collection!

Here's my copy of the card serial numbered to 49. I couldn't find a "special" patch for this one, but the price was right!
 Last one. I just got this card in a few days ago. It's out of /25 and is probably my most unique jersey swatch/patch that I now have in my collection.
 I'm a little curious about this one. The /25 cards are titled "Holo Gold" and there are 1/1 cards featuring "Laundry Tags" and "Brand Logos."  I'm wondering why this patch wasn't saved for a Brand Logo 1-of-1 card?  After all, it is the Majestic logo. For the record, Majestic manufactures uniforms for many of the teams in the league, if not all. 

Lastly, for those of you who are curious... Boxes of this product can be purchased between $350 and $400 and each box contains one pack of eight cards. Each card in the box is either autographed, a memorabilia card, or is a signed memorabilia card. I was really excited to learn Vogelbach's cards all fit into the last category. And again, I'm getting these cards for a very small fraction of the price tag of a box. Thank you, Ebay!

2017 Panini National Treasures Haves (3):


2017 Panini National Treasures Needs (8):
#198 - Panini National Treasures (Holo Silver), #/10
#198 - Panini National Treasures (Platinum), 1/1
#198 - Panini National Treasures (Brand Logo), 1/1
#198 - Panini National Treasures (Laundry Tag), 1/1
#198 - Panini National Treasures (Printing Plates), 1/1 (x4)

I'm still searching for 2017 Vogelbach cards every day and I'm hoping I can snag the Holo Silver and one of the seven 1/1 cards. Maybe a seller will start with a low auction price and I'll be able to snipe one last second for a reasonable total?  Hey, a guy can dream!

Only five sets left to go and I'm still waiting on delivery of cards for many of the remaining later releases.  Be patient, for my goal is to finish posts for all 19 sets before 2018.  Thanks for reading! 

10 comments:

  1. Woof, these patch cards are the bee's knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're close to being able to patch together the whole jersey logo. Do you sew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem like Majestic logo should be a 1/1. Will be even rarer when Under Armour is producing the jerseys in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me a lot of my JP Arencibia pursuit a few years back, but you're putting in a much stronger effort. I have minimal interest in Vogelbach (though I do like the guy), yet I click on these posts every time I see them. Such a wealth of cards for certain players at this moment in collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cards! That Majestic logo is hands down the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pickups, love the dedication on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... it's been an exercise in patience at times!

      Delete
  7. Some of those Panini high end offerings are among the best to find deals on eBay. I'm always grabbing National Treasures cards.

    ReplyDelete