Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tic-Tac-Toe, Pizza, and Topps Inception.

I'm fairly certain I've never gone twenty days between posts, but I suppose there is a first time for everything. I've found myself with a little bit of time this evening after my high school baseball team was rained out for the fourth day out of five. Yesterday we traveled to Galesburg and got in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe with the opposing dugout during the rain delay. (We were sent home shortly afterwards.)
It wound up resulting in a "cat" game, which was decided with a quick game of paper-rock-scissors behind home plate. For the record, my team was bested. Nothing gels a team together like a good game of Tic-Tac-Toe and pizza! 

Before we left town the head coach had us stop at the Pizza House and the team polished of eight large pizzas and ten 18" sub sandwiches.  Man, I sure wish I still had their metabolism!

I have a little bit of card news, too. Last weekend a new card show popped up in Bloomington, IL, which is only about a fifty minute drive for me. It is being run out of the second room of a card shop and had nine different dealers in all. Supposedly, it will be a monthly show and I'm pretty jazzed about that. I won a blast as a door prize, which might make it's way onto the blog at some point.

Lastly, The Vogelmonster found his way into the autograph portion of 2017 Topps Inception. I won a player break lot on Ebay of five cases of Inception and I was rewarded with two autos!
 I hit on the /25 and /99, but I still need the 1/1, /50, /75, and the /249. I really like the design of the cards and I can't wait to get these two in hand!
 I'm thinking about buying into another break, but maybe I should just snipe the rest off of Ebay. Vogelbach isn't that big of a name and I should be able to finish the rainbow, minus the 1/1, for under thirty bucks if I'm patient.  Getting the second smallest numbered parallel sure does help things!

That's it for now.  Hopefully, I'll have more motivation to post now that summer break is here. That's right, today was my last day with students.  Yippee!

Thanks for reading!




6 comments:

  1. Good to see you, Coach! Sweet Vogelmonsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vogelbach, you would have looked so much better in Cubbie blue. Nice scores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice hits! What do you think his signature amounts to as I'm sure it's been shortened over the years? D_Vg?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tic-Tac-Toe = ingenious way to pass the time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see that you're still alive Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice auto's. I can appreciate a colorful design. Lots of rain lately here in NE Iowa as well (duh).

    ReplyDelete