Monday, December 23, 2013

Cardboard From My Youth

Last month Jeff, from One Man's Junk (Wax), contacted me about a Mike Trout card.  I have a proclivity for pulling cards of the Angels' young superstar so I was okay with shipping a couple off.  I didn't know what I should counter with, because I was new to Jeff and his blog of wax at the time.  I'm a stranger no longer!

We traded checklists for sets from the late 80s and early 90s and the next you know I had 549 cards to collate into the unfinished sets of my childhood.  Additionally, I unloaded a bunch of duplicates that Jeff needed for his sets.  Talk about a win-win for both sides!

Jeff was also kind enough to send along a quartet of Cubs to add to my collection as well:

Thanks for the Cub love!

What else was in the box?  Well, included within the '89 Topps were a couple of rookie cards.
My list was previously at 209 cards, but now I only need FOUR more cards to complete this set!
Here's the short list: #50 - George Bell, #185 - Claudell Washington, #247 - Shawn Hillegas, and #490 - Chris Sabo (RC)

There was more Topps...  I needed 299 cards from the 1992 Topps set, but now I'm down to a more manageable 131.

1988 Donruss: needed 313, only need 223 now.

 1990 Donruss: needed 296, but only need 210 cards now.
 Ahhhhh!  I've been Bipped!  Nah, just kidding.  This was the only Bip in the box.

If you're looking for a place to dump your junk wax, please take a look at my want lists.  And if you're looking for help, may I suggest Jeff?  I think I've only partially unburied him. 

Thanks for a great trade, Jeff!





No comments:

Post a Comment