Friday, December 28, 2012

An extra Mini of Starlin. What to do?

I picked up an additional 2012 Topps mini of Starlin Castro and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it.

Then I thought about my coasters.  I've only made a couple this year and they turned out pretty good.  I've upgraded them with team colored felt backing, which I thought was a nice touch.

In the past, I always had to cut off the corners of the cards to make them fit my epoxy mold.  (See above.)

Poof!  An epiphany!  How about using the minis!

It's definitely smaller than the traditional card.  Above you can see the "Eye Black" card from a Panini Triple Play pack behind Starlin.

What do you think?  

Should I encase the extra Castro in epoxy?  What about the other minis from my last post?

3 comments:

  1. Did you do this? How did it turn out? If the mini turned out nice, can I commission a set from you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on the back burner into my basketball coaching season is done. I'll post once it's done, and then you can decided for yourself!
    I'll probably start in late February or early March.
    I've made about a half-dozen coasters in the past, and I think I have it almost perfected. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks for reading!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete